Tuesday, September 24, 2013

He Doesn't Need a Phone Booth!


Psalm 12:5  "For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy, now will I arise, saith the LORD; I will set him in safety from him that puffeth at him."

When I was a boy growing up in rural North Carolina I enjoyed reading comic books.  My favorite comics were the ones that featured superheroes.  I enjoyed Spiderman, Superman and Batman comics.  The heroes were always there to help out the citizens that were in need.  They would swoop in at the last minute and save the day.  We can be thankful as Christians that we don't have to rely on a superhero to swoop in and fight on our behalf.  We have One that is far greater.  God has declared to us that He will arise on behalf of the poor and needy.  He will fight our battles.  He will set us at safety.  He is our rock and refuge.  He is our safe haven in the midst of the storm.  If you're having troubles in your life today don't send up a "Bat Signal" just send up a prayer and allow God to work!


No comments:

Post a Comment