Wednesday, September 29, 2010

God's Great Love

Eph 2:4 "But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us," 

When we really take a look at ourselves we stand in amazement at the great love that God loves us with.  We know that we are all together unlovely when we compare ourselves to the holiness of God.  The Bible presents a parallel truth in Rom 5:8 "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."  The word "Commendeth" means that God demonstrated his love to us when we were totally undeserving of His love.  How did he demonstrate his love?  He sent His only begotten Son Jesus Christ to die for us on the cross.  Christ's death was a demonstration of God's love for us.  As humans it's hard for us to truly understand the depth of God's love for us.  As humans when someone offends or hurts us we can withdraw our love from them.  God never withdraws His love from us.  He loves us with an unconditional love.  He always wants the best for us.  The best for us is to be conformed to the image of the Lord Jesus Christ and yielded to God's will for our life.  When I'm happy God loves me.  When I'm sad God loves me.  When I hurt God loves me.  When I'm lonely God loves me.  There is absolutely nothing on this earth as great as the Love of God.  God demonstrated His love through the Lord Jesus Christ.  It is God's love that made it possible for us to have eternal life in Heaven, by His precious Son, the Lord Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment