Saturday, September 25, 2010

Man's Real Condition


Rom 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
Rom 7:19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
Rom 7:20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

Rom 7:21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me

Many times when we speak of another person we often find ourselves saying, "He's a pretty good guy!"  In reality none of us are good guys or gals.  We have a nature that is totally depraved.  In our Flesh there is no good thing as we see from the biblical text.  When we try to do good in our own power we find out that we are a miserable failure, because we dwell in the flesh.  The Apostle Paul understood this concept.  He knew that the good that he wanted to do he neglected.  The evil that he didn't want to do, he found himself doing it.  Paul understood the source of this conflict was the sinful  nature that he still had, even though he was a saved man.  

We have to be on guard continually in our Christian life.  If we let down our guard we are fully capable of being tempted into committing any sin that a lost man or woman can commit.  We have to give the Holy Spirit control in our life and seek His guidance.  That is the only lasting solution till the day that we lay this earthly body down and go out into eternity to be with our Lord.  We have to step down from the throne of our life and enthrone Him that deserves to reign in our lives.  Trust God to guide you safely around the traps and snares that the devil would set before you.

No comments:

Post a Comment