Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Our Refuge and Fortress

Psalm 91:1  He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
Psalm 91:2  I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

Where do we run when the dark clouds of trouble begin to form on the horizon of our life?  There is a place of peace and safety in the midst of the storm.  That safe haven is in the secret place of the most high.  We can draw close to God when trouble comes.  There is safety in His shadow.  The LORD is our refuge and our fortress.  He keeps us safe in when the battle rages all around.  Who is strong enough to invade the fortress of our all-powerful God?  We can trust in the safety that He extends to His children.  When the forces of the enemy seek to assail us we can laugh them to derision because we are safe in His keeping!

No comments:

Post a Comment