Monday, November 4, 2013

My Light and Salvation

Psalm 27:1  "A Psalm of David. The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?"

The same David that had killed a lion, a bear and a Philistine champion named Goliath penned the words in the first verse of the 27th Psalm.  David had learned that he had a God that he could rely upon.  His God was a God of deliverance.  David declares some of the other wonderful attributes of God in the verse above.  He declares that God is his light.  God illuminates our path day by day.  God desires to guide us in the right path if we simply yield our self to him.  David states that The Lord is his salvation.  Not only in the physical sense, but also in the spiritual sense.  God delivered David from the lion, the bear and Goliath, but God would also deliver him from eternal separation from God.  David knew that as a child of God he didn't have to live a life that was controlled by fear.  He knew the source of his strength.  He knew that his inability was God's ability.  His strength is made perfect in our weakness.  David could face any obstacle that life threw at him because he fully understood where his strength originated and that was in the Lord.

How is your life today?  Is it characterized by fear?  If we serve the true and living God we don't have to be controlled or dominated by fear.  We can courageously say with David, "The LORD is the strength of my life;  of whom shall I be afraid?"

No comments:

Post a Comment