Saturday, October 9, 2010

The Beginning of Wisdom

Pro 9:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding. 

The best that man can ever hope for apart from the Lord is to have the wisdom of man.  In comparison to the wisdom of God there is absolutely no comparison.  The unsaved man has a natural mind.  A mind that cannot receive the things of God.  The natural man cannot understand the things of God.  A man that has never came to God by faith cannot understand the precious teachings of the Word of God.  1Co 2:14 "But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned."

When and where does wisdom begin?  It begins when we trust Christ by faith and become a child of God.  It is at that point that we see the LORD for who He is.  He is the solitary source of our salvation.  When we see God as He is, through salvation, wisdom begins in the life of the believer.  It is at that moment, the Holy Spirit indwells the believer and begins the process of teaching the believer what he needs to learn in order to be conformed day by day into the image of the Lord Jesus Christ.  The believer now has the ability to understand and apply spiritual truths from God's Word in their own lives.  Our key verse teaches us that, "The knowledge of the holy is understanding."  Our spiritual eyes are opened and we see things as they really are.

Before my own salvation I had no understanding of the truths of the Bible.  I didn't understand God's working in the lives of believers.  I didn't know how to seek God's guidance in my life.  I didn't really see myself or the world around me as it really was.  When I trusted Christ and His finished work at Calvary.  God turned on the light switch in my life and dispelled the darkness.  I can see myself as I really was, a sinner that was under the condemnation/ judgment of God and destined for a terrible place called Hell for all eternity.  When I trusted Christ by faith He forgave all of my sins, past, present and future and transformed every part of my life.  I literally went from a Hell-bound sinner to a child of the Living God.   God has promised us as believers we will reign with Him as kings and priests.  What a change!  What a transformation!  Praise be to our Lord for His great love, wherewith He loved us!

No comments:

Post a Comment