Monday, August 24, 2015

Reason to Rejoice


Psalm 118:24  "This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it."

I love waking up in the early morning hours and listening to the sounds of the birds singing in the trees right outside of my bedroom window.  The early light creeping slowly across the floor, reaching for the far wall of my bedroom.  When I hear the sound of the birds and see the light shining through the blinds, I know that God has blessed me with another day.  God has created another day for me.  Another day to go forth and allow God to use me to be a blessing in the lives of others.  I have a choice as I rise for the day.  I can focus on myself, my concerns, my fears, my trials and tribulations or I can turn my focus on the needs of others.  The Lord Jesus Christ set the perfect example for us with His life.  His focus was never on Himself, but always on the needs of others.  He came to serve!  When we focus on the needs of others we will find cause to rejoice and find cause to be glad.  Be a blessing to someone else this day!  God made this day for you with all of its opportunities for service!

No comments:

Post a Comment